At Elecosoft our focus is the delivery of effective software solutions for our clients who include 7 of the UK’s top 10 retailers such as ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Next.
We deliver the best products because we employ the best people and this is the opportunity for you to become part of our dynamic and flexible team of technical experts.
As Test Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our core product, the IconSystem, using appropriate testing methodology, and you will champion quality standards across the company by maintaining effective processes and procedures to support the development and testing lifecycle.
- Triage and report bugs and issues; following up via communication within the technical team and the client support services team
- Producing high-level test plans for every project, including measurable user acceptance testing criteria
- Facilitating specification reviews and following up to ensure that every product delivery accurately reflects the defined requirements
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Creating manual and automated test scripts
- Co-ordinating and overseeing alpha and beta testing
- Ensuring quality product standards across the company by adhering to defined processes for system rollouts and implementing appropriate new processes as required
- Actively implementing improvements in testing methods and strategies
- Where applicable, participating in or leading product showcases to disseminate product knowledge
- Working collaboratively with the Systems Engineer, undertake formal monitoring and benchmark testing of system speed and reliability, providing alerts of any degradation of performance to the Technical Product Manager
Qualifications experience and expertise
- A good standard of advanced education
- Practical experience of working within a structured testing environment
- Experience of testing web applications
- Demonstrable attention to detail, evidencing an accurate and methodical approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, especially all Microsoft Office products
- A software testing qualification, preferably ISEB certificate in Software Testing
- A technical qualification such as a BSc/MSc degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline
- Experience of API testing
- Experience with penetration software (e.g. Netsparker)
Circumstances – any special conditions that apply
- To be able to work flexibly when the workload demands
- To be able to travel to other locations if necessary
Contact with others
You will need to work closely with all areas of the business to ensure that all quality issues are dealt with in a timely and effective manner and that the resolution of reported faults is communicated to the relevant people.
Whilst you will not be a front-line contact for Elecosoft clients, there may be occasions, such as client forums, and in dealing with specific issues where you are required to speak with clients. As such, the role requires a professional demeanour and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Hours of work are a minimum of 37½ per week worked in accordance with Elecosoft’s flexitime working policy. However, it would be expected that you work the hours necessary to meet company deadlines and travel to data centres and other locations as appropriate to the role and in line with the needs of the business.
Main location for office-based activities is Elecosoft’s IconSystem office in Market Harborough, but travel to other locations will be required.
This job description sets out the main areas of responsibility of the post. As a member of the Elecosoft team, you are required to be flexible and to do any work required to promote an effective team culture and enhance our delivery, relationships and reputation with our clients.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary statement and your earliest possible start date.