Sales Consultant focused on Elecosoft’s project cost estimating and BIM software product (Bidcon) and associated services to the UK construction market. Key aims will be to close new business to meet agreed annual targets, by developing an in-depth understanding of Bidcon and its position within the estimating market. This is a cross functional role and will also include software sales and services related to other Elecosoft products.
The Sales Consultant will have responsibility for the Bidcon product within the UK. Reporting and supported by the UK Sales Manager, the role will include elements of product management, marketing campaign direction and supporting the sales cycle.
The role will need to work directly with other key stakeholders in the product including the Swedish product management team, UK marketing department and UK sales staff.
Market experience is essential with experience of cost estimating software solutions. The role will need to understand how UK construction manages the estimation and tendering of work; thus, prior experience as an estimator or Quantity Surveyor is required.
- To provide the first point of contact for Bidcon related topics within the UK by becoming an expert in the software, understanding the product in depth.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the estimating market in the UK, such as the capabilities of competitors, the processes undertaken by prospective customers and industry changes which will have an impact on our proposition.
- Provide input into the product development roadmap and suggest service improvements based on feedback from customers and prospects.
- Implement UK specific customisations within the software, such as tailoring templates, layouts and reports to suit the needs of the market. Work with suppliers of UK Price Book data to enable their representation through the software.
- Annual visit to Sweden to liaise directly with product management team.
- Conduct web-based software demonstrations and face-to-face presentations across the UK. Deliver training courses on the use of the software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, business management and technical service.
- Excellent oral and written skills and able to deliver the presentations with clarity, conviction and confidence.
- Active contribution and input into business planning and budget discussions, including targeting new business areas, development of new capabilities and investment requirements.
- To meet monthly performance targets for prospect and client meetings, ensuring regular contact is made to prospects and existing accounts.
- Manage and respond to RFI’s for prospects and clients.
- To work with Marketing and Sales executives on business development campaigns.
- To keep an up to date record of activities and sales forecasts and record all sales related activities in the Company’s CRM system.
- To attend and present at seminars, exhibitions and trade fairs representing Elecosoft as an exhibitor.
- Develop a working knowledge of the entire Elecosoft product portfolio range, to enable the identification of relevant sales opportunities for these tools and to provide basic cover for other team members.
- To ensure that all work is carried out to the Company’s standards at all times.
- To represent the company, its products and services in a professional manner at all times.
- To maintain the dress code set by the Department for the role of Sales Consultant.
Education and experience
- Further education level (Degree, HND or equivalent) in a subject relevant to the sector
- Experience in construction, engineering or manufacturing
We are looking forward to receiving your application, including your salary statement and your earliest possible start date. Please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com