Working within the Elecosoft Sales Team the Sales Consultant role is to generate revenue from new prospects and existing customers by promoting Elecosoft’s product range but focusing predominantly on ShireSystem SaaS & Hosted solutions.
Line Manager: Commercial Sales Manager
External relationships: Prospects & Customers
Internal relationships: Sales Team, Support Team, Professional Services Team, Development Team throughout the Elecosoft Group.
- Promote Elecosoft products to new prospects and existing customers
- Provide quotations and generate sales by following up on quotations within specific timeframe
- Undertake specific sales campaigns and deliver statistics reports based on each individual campaign
- To ensure prospect and customer information is recorded in the CRM (MS Dynamics) and other channels
- Conduct meetings (online or in person) with new prospects and existing customers
- Participate in monthly webinars
- Attend product roadshows & trade events
- Meet KPI’s and targets set (daily, monthly, quarterly)
- Contribute on ways of improving business process
- Gather requirements from customers for future product enhancements
- General ad-hoc projects as required
Working hours and location
The normal working hours are 35 hours per week (09:00 – 17:00) in accordance with Elecosoft’s working policy; however, from time to time, you may be required to work additional hours to fully perform your job in accordance with the needs of the business.
The main working location is Elecosoft’s Southampton office, but the role may involve travel to other Elecosoft offices, client’s offices, and other locations as necessary in line with the needs of the business.
Contact with others
The Sales Consultant will work closely with all member of the Sales, Training & Support teams to ensure all enquiries are dealt with effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- The Sales team are the first point of contact for prospects and existing customers, therefore it is key that all forms of contact dealt with professionally and confidently.
- The Sales consultant must have excellent all round communication skills with all levels of seniority from a factory worker to Managing Director
Challenges and opportunities
- To manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Create and run targeted specific campaigns and report monthly and quarterly results
- Contribute to improvement of sales process and procedures
- Degree desirable
- 3-5 years solution-based sales experience within cloud and SaaS solutions
- Face 2 face & telephone sales
- Comfortable with presenting to groups
- Self-starter with ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Good knowledge of Office 365
- Good knowledge of MS Dynamics
- Engineering sales background
- CMMS/CAFM sales or user experience
Skills and abilities
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to think creatively and to provide new ideas and solutions to problems
- Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Able to use own initiative
- Experience of working within a structured environment
- To be self‐motivated with sufficient drive and enthusiasm to ‘get the job done’ on time, on budget and to an excellent standard
- Inspiring and motivational to colleagues
- To have a professional attitude with clients and colleagues
- To be committed to the aims of the organisation
- A willingness to acquire new and relevant technical skills and to keep abreast of developments in the IT industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence with ability to display initiative
- A team player
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary statement and your earliest possible start date.