Find out whether our products have the functionality you need. Our short, FREE demos provide a quick and easy way to find out how the software will benefit your project management efficiency. Select the most appropriate demo for your requirements. Times are UK unless stated otherwise.
Construction Scheduling Basics, Updating Your Schedule & More
Have you been avoiding construction-grade project scheduling because you’re afraid it’s too complex, too expensive, or overkill for your typical project?
Watch this live webinar to see how easy it is to build a rock-solid construction schedule. We’ve taken feedback from attendees of our first Scheduling Basics webinar and built new content that will extend your capabilities in this second webinar in our Construction Scheduling Basics Series.
In this webinar we will:
- Review construction schedule basic building blocks and terminology
- Ensure your Critical Path is rock-solid and without issues
- Learn how to effectively use Baselines
- Learn how to effectively Update and Progress your Schedule
- Learn how to manage Change Orders
- Learn how to provide Output to Owners and Sub-Contractors
All attendees will receive a fully functional 14-day trial version of Asta Powerproject to try out what you’ve learned from the webinar.
Tuesday December 19th, 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM (ET)
Introduction to Asta Powerproject BIM – the basics of 4D scheduling
Asta Powerproject BIM allows a user to combine a 3D model with their project schedule to create a powerful 4D environment. Benefits of 4D include enhanced communication, planning analysis, progress monitoring and value engineering. Join this session to see the basic principles of Asta Powerproject BIM:
- Importing 3D models into Asta Powerproject BIM
- Building a basic 4D plan by quickly and easily associating project tasks with elements of the 3D model
- Splitting models down to better reflect the build sequence
- Recolouring models and setting construction profile
- Exporting animations to video
Wednesday February 7th, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Getting more from Asta Powerproject BIM – take 4D scheduling to the next level
Once the basics of linking a 3D model to a programme in Asta Powerproject have been mastered, there are many additional benefits to be explored within the tool. This session builds on the content covered in the introductory webinar by exploring the powerful options within Asta Powerproject BIM such as:
- Comparing planned and actual schedule dates in 4D for better progress reporting
- Filtering a programme and timeline to show sub-contractor or resource specific views
- Importing and repositioning site objects like cranes
- Accessing IFC properties to analyse quantities/dimensions to inform duration estimates
- Implementing camera movement paths for video presentations
Thursday February 8th, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Plan your Projects Better
If you have avoided project planning software because you think it’s too complex – think again. This webinar will demonstrate how you can create an impressive plan for your construction projects quickly and easily and manage project progress to ensure that you keep on track. Our experienced presenter will demonstrate how to:
- Create a project plan in minutes using drag and drop functionality
- Identify the indicators that a project is going off track
- Demonstrate how subcontractors are using software to communicate better with contractors
We’ll also show you: resource and staff planning; “what-if” scenarios to make up for unplanned delays; quick, real-time reports and plan updating using mobile devices.
Tuesday January 30th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
An introduction to Framing – Explore why Framing is the market leading timber frame design software
Extensively utilised by timber frame manufacturers, structural engineers and design practices, the Framing software from Elecosoft can be used for the accurate detailing of 3D timber frame buildings.
Using Framing gives the user of the software the ability to quickly and easily produce manufacturing drawings, comprehensive material schedules, along with links to the commonly used automated fabrication machinery and optimising saws within the industry.
This free webinar will introduce the key functionality of the software and highlight some of the main features of the Framing application.
Tuesday December 19th, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM
Manage housebuilding costs better with Bidcon
This webinar is designed to show how housebuilders can use the Bidcon software to gain better control of project costs – from initial land surveys through to cost management during the project.
Bidcon is a fully customisable costing & estimating tool and is fully integrated with Asta Powerproject, which means that you can create fully costed and resourced project plans at the click of a button.
Tuesday January 16th, 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM
Project Management and 4D-BIM Planning with Asta Powerproject BIM (in Spanish)
This webinar is from our Spanish partner APP Project Management Consulting.
Asta Powerproject is not only a planning tool, it is an integral solution for managing all aspects of a project, which also includes the Asta Powerproject BIM module for the control and monitoring of work and project through our BIM models. During this seminar we will see the advantages of 4D planning and how we optimize the management of our projects through BIM methodology.
Monday December 18th, 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM (CET Spain)
4D-BIM Project Scheduling and Controlling with Asta Powerproject BIM
This short online session is from our Canadian partner APP Project Management Consulting and will demonstrate how 4D-BIM Project Scheduling and Controlling with Asta Powerproject BIM works in practice. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how you can quickly create your project plan directly from your IFC model file, compare planned and actual schedule plans, manage large projects with the ability to save snapshot positions and much more.
See how this construction-focused product, with masses of functionality, even though it’s so easy-to-use, can save you time and money. If you need to improve your project management efficiency this session will be time well spent. This webinar is a live software presentation which gives a concise tour of the main features:
- Building a project schedule from 3D model
- Combination of Primavera, MS Project projects with 3D Model
- Federated IFC models from different entities
- Quantity takeoffs from IFC model and estimating duration
- Working with the IFC Model and IFC Comparison Model panes
- Displaying timeline simulations of IFC models
- Powerful visual reporting
Friday December 22nd, 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM (ET Canada)
Site-to-office reporting via Site Progress Mobile
See how the new features introduced in the latest version of our easy-to-use Site Progress Mobile system for Asta Powerproject can make it even more flexible, to meet the needs of site-to-office project progress reporting via iOS, Android, Windows Phone & web-page.
New features include:
- Manage the Site Progress process from directly within the Asta Powerproject application
- Export tasks to mobile devices based on resource assignments (e.g. per contractor or trade), not just Summary groupings
- Review reported progress and approve/reject submission, before applying to programme
Thursday February 15th, 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM