Delegates need to be comfortable with the basics of how ShireSystem works before signing up for the ShireSystem Maintenance Set Up Course. This may be best fulfilled by attending the ShireSystem Maintenance User Course.
The Maintenance Set Up Course is geared primarily towards setting up a system from scratch, entering data in a planned and rational way, and avoiding the common pitfalls. Issues of maintenance process and strategy may also be discussed.
While there is some overlap with the Maintenance User Course, there will be no detailed treatment in the Maintenance Set Up Course of day-to-day processes such as raising and signing off Work Orders, reading meters, and so on.
Also, add-ons such as KPIs are not covered. Please contact email@example.com if you have a training requirement for an add-on module.
The Maintenance Set Up Course, being over two days, has heavier content overall than the Maintenance User Course. Another difference lies in the order of presentation. This does not exactly follow the recommended order of data entry, as set out in the ShireSystem Set Up Course manual (a PDF document on a USB stick issued free to delegates). Instead, central topics such as Assets and Tasks are covered first, as this aids in understanding the more peripheral topics, such as Lookups.
This is a two-day course. The course runs at a pace which allows time for practical exercises and questions.
- Introduction – PowerPoint Presentation and Location Tree structure
- Assets – Search/Background data in Lookups/Create and Clone an Asset/Reports
- Tasks – Create and schedule a Task/Clone to create a Minor Task and schedule it (Including Minor Task Suppression)
- Scheduler – Navigation and control/The Filter/The Report/Work Order generation (Automatic and Manual)
- Meters – Runtime meters and usage Tasks
- Contacts – Creating Contacts and User Accounts
- Documents – Path and URL methodologies
- Work Orders – Navigating the work list/Creation, process and sign-off/Reports
- Requester – How to enable staff to submit Work Requests
- Dashboard – A graphical review of open Work Orders
- Test/Instruction Task – Create Work Instructions as a set of Instructions, Checks and Readings that require a response from the engineer
- Multi-Subject Schedules and Work Orders – Create Multi-Subject PPM Schedules/Sign off Multi-Subject Work Orders
- Locations – Create a Location structure
- Settings – Group Change/General Settings/Custom Labels
Courses are held at our Training Centres in Southampton, Northampton and Cheshire.