Our short, FREE webinars provide a quick and easy way to find out how our software can support your business processes and increase efficiency. Times are UK unless otherwise stated. Interested but can’t make the webinar? Register to receive a link to the recording.
How John Sisk & Son benefit from using site progress reporting app
Site Progress Mobile is an app which enables mobile users to record the progress of tasks and repetitive events against their work as scheduled in a Powerproject plan. It saves time on data input and makes real-time reporting on site progress possible. Register for our webinar to see how John Sisk & Son benefited from using the app on their recent Center Parcs project.
We will demonstrate some of the features including:
- Search functionality for locating tasks more easily
- Progress by task work
- Option to create new tasks within the mobile application
- Email notifications
- Annotate/mark-up photos
- Schedule forecast start date
- Save photos in the cloud
- Recall the project before it’s imported in to Powerproject
Tuesday 18th August, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Construction scheduling basics: updating your schedule and more
Have you been avoiding construction-grade project scheduling because you’re afraid it’s too complex, too expensive, or overkill for your typical project? Watch this live webinar to see how easy it is to build a rock-solid construction schedule. In this webinar we will:
- Review construction schedule basic building blocks and terminology
- Ensure your Critical Path is rock-solid and without issues
- Show you how to use Baselines effectively
- Demonstrate how to update and progress your schedule
- Teach you how to manage change orders
- Demonstrate how to provide output to owners and sub-contractors
This free webinar is brought to you by Elecosoft, the makers of Powerproject. All registrants will receive a fully functional 14-day trial version of Powerproject so that you can try out what you’ve learnt from the webinar.
Tuesday 18th August, 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM (MDT)
ShireSystem Mobile Pro: Eliminate paperwork by taking your CMMS with you
This webinar will highlight the versatility of Mobile Pro (Work Orders) and how it seamlessly integrates with ShireSystem CMMS/CAFM system. Demonstrating how to automatically update the maintenance system with vital information and explore the off-line work capabilities so that your business remains compliant and critical operations continue.
Thursday 27th August, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Planning techniques for projects with a schedule and a distance
The challenges of project planning on many infrastructure and maintenance projects (e.g. roads, railways, pipelines, etc.) depends not only on what things happen but also where they happen. The location is often a key driver in how the project needs to be organised and you need to understand and use the Time-Chainage technique.
Join our 30-minute webinar to find out more. Our experienced presenter understands the challenges of construction planning and will show how, with TILOS, you can use the distance component to fully define the scope of work and plan in a new way. The webinar will cover:
- The concepts and basics of Time-Chainage and Tilos
- Creating a project plan using drag and drop functionality
- Linking tasks with distance as a driver
- Export and import to Excel, P6, Powerproject, Microsoft Project
- Baseline and progress
Thursday 3rd September, 10:30 AM – 11:15 AM
How the Carey Group boosts business visibility and control with Powerproject Vision
This webinar will give an introduction to Powerproject Vision, a web-based portal designed for organisations with multiple dispersed Powerproject users who need a controlled programme management environment to deliver consistency and transparency. Register for this webinar to see how the Carey Group have been using it for greater transparency and consistency with a brief overview of the key functionality of Powerproject Vision including:
- Highly configurable centralised file management and storage of Powerproject schedules
- Accessibility via any web-browser and from within the Powerproject software
- Project planning workflow enforcement, controlling project creation, review, approval, baselines and amendments
- Version control and change management
- Storing of approved project templates
- Automated business intelligence data extraction across all files
- Ability to structure according to company organisation, such as regions, business units or divisions
Thursday 10th September, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Working more effectively in a P6 distributed environment
Many contractors have staff working on large civils and infrastructure projects using software outside of their controlled Oracle Primavera P6 master programme, such as MS Excel and MS Project. Often this is because they find P6 too complex or costly for those outside the core planning team to use, such as when developing short-term programmes that expand on the level of detail held in the master programme. Whatever the reason, getting data exported, updated and imported back into P6 leads to errors and inaccuracies; breaking the link between the master programme and the individual project. These products are also not tailored to the environment in which they are used, as well as often costing more than is first thought.
This webinar will show you how you can check out sections of a project from P6 and update the schedule with a user-friendly interface within a cost-effective solution. Our experienced presenter will show you how many organisations are increasingly working with Powerproject as a better user experience and how you can:
- Check out data from Primavera P6 into Powerproject
- Update progress easily – including via mobile devices on site
- Print reports for easy communication
- Reduce costs with shared licensing
In addition, Powerproject includes tools for Risk Analysis and Schedule Quality Checking, providing another reason to explore the benefits it can bring to your work.
Thursday 17th September, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Avoiding common problems in construction planning
Common problems in construction planning include: poor communication, inefficient or limited resource and risk planning, and having no process for change control. However, these issues can be managed with the right project scheduling software.
Join our 30-minute webinar find out more. Our experienced presenter understands the challenges of construction planning and will show how, with Powerproject, you can easily create an impressive project plan and use it to keep on track – even when things change. The webinar will cover:
- Creating a project plan using drag and drop functionality
- Resource and staff planning
- How subcontractors are using software to communicate better with contractors
- ‘What-if’ scenarios for unplanned delays
- Indicators that a project is going off track
- Quick, real-time reports
- Plan updating from mobile devices