Our short, FREE webinars provide a quick and easy way to find out how our software can support your business processes and increase efficiency. Times are UK unless otherwise stated. Interested but can’t make the webinar? Register to receive a link to the recording.
Working more effectively in a P6 distributed environment
Many contractors have staff working on large civils and infrastructure projects using software outside of their controlled Oracle Primavera P6 master programme, such as MS Excel and MS Project. Often this is because they find P6 too complex or costly for those outside the core planning team to use, such as when developing short-term programmes that expand on the level of detail held in the master programme. Whatever the reason, getting data exported, updated and imported back into P6 leads to errors and inaccuracies; breaking the link between the master programme and the individual project. These products are also not tailored to the environment in which they are used, as well as often costing more than is first thought.
This webinar will show you how you can check out sections of a project from P6 and update the schedule with a user-friendly interface within a cost-effective solution. Our experienced presenter will show you how many organisations are increasingly working with Powerproject as a better user experience and how you can:
- Check out data from Primavera P6 into Powerproject
- Update progress easily – including via mobile devices on site
- Print reports for easy communication
- Reduce costs with shared licensing
In addition, Powerproject includes tools for Risk Analysis and Schedule Quality Checking, providing another reason to explore the benefits it can bring to your work.
Thursday February 27th, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Simplify your FM work order billing
ShireSystem Costs and Charges enables charges to be effortlessly created, tracked, invoiced and analysed. The module allows a mark-up or uplift to be applied to costs, which can then be charged to customers and departments.
In this webinar we will cover:
- Fixed Price Tasks
- Charge History
- User Access
Friday February 28th, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Avoiding common problems in construction planning
Common problems in construction planning include: poor communication, inefficient or limited resource and risk planning, and having no process for change control. However, these issues can be managed with the right project scheduling software.
Join our 30-minute webinar find out more. Our experienced presenter understands the challenges of construction planning and will show how, with Powerproject, you can easily create an impressive project plan and use it to keep on track – even when things change. The webinar will cover:
- Creating a project plan using drag and drop functionality
- Resource and staff planning
- How subcontractors are using software to communicate better with contractors
- ‘What-if’ scenarios for unplanned delays
- Indicators that a project is going off track
- Quick, real-time reports
- Plan updating from mobile devices
Wednesday March 4th, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Site-to-office reporting via Site Progress Mobile
Register for our webinar to see how the new features introduced in the latest version of the Site Progress Mobile system for Powerproject make it even more flexible and enable the app to meet the needs of site-to-office project progress reporting via iOS, Android and Windows devices. New features include:
- Search functionality for locating tasks more easily
- Progress by task work
- Option to create new tasks within the mobile application
- Email notifications
- Annotate/mark-up photos
- Schedule forecast start date
- Save photos in the cloud
- Recall the project before it’s imported in to Powerproject
Thursday March 10th, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Construction planning basics – Moving beyond spreadsheets
Do you avoid using a construction planning tool for your projects because it’s too expensive, too complex or you can ‘get by’ with a spreadsheet? If so, you could be putting your deadline and project profits at risk.
In this free webinar we’ll show you how quick, easy and inexpensive it is to create and manage a schedule. Don’t be intimidated by scheduling complexity. Spend half an hour in this webinar and learn how you can improve your project management with confidence.
- See how a construction project can be built in minutes with drag and drop functionality
- Discover key indicators that signal the project is going to be off track and why that’s important to resolve as early as possible
- Watch how an imported 3D BIM model can sync with the schedule for 4D planning
- Learn how mobile updates from the job site get reflected in real-time managerial reports
All webinar attendees will be given a free 14-day trial of Powerproject to try it themselves.
Wednesday March 11th, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Introduction to Powerproject BIM – the basics of 4D scheduling
Powerproject BIM allows a user to combine a 3D model with their project schedule to create a powerful 4D environment. Benefits of 4D include enhanced communication, planning analysis, progress monitoring and value engineering. Join this session to see the basic principles of Powerproject BIM:
- Importing 3D models into Powerproject BIM
- Building a basic 4D plan by quickly and easily associating project tasks with elements of the 3D model
- Splitting models down to better reflect the build sequence
- Recolouring models and setting construction profile
- Exporting animations to video
Wednesday March 18th, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Getting more from Powerproject BIM – take 4D scheduling to the next level
Once the basics of linking a 3D model to a programme in Powerproject have been mastered, there are many additional benefits to be explored within the tool. This session builds on the content covered in the introductory webinar by exploring the powerful options within Powerproject BIM such as:
- Comparing planned and actual schedule dates in 4D for better progress reporting
- Filtering a programme and timeline to show sub-contractor or resource specific views
- Importing and repositioning site objects like cranes
- Accessing IFC properties to analyse quantities/dimensions to inform duration estimates
- Implementing camera movement paths for video presentations
Thursday March 19th, 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
ShireSystem Mobile Pro: eliminate paperwork by taking your CMMS with you
This webinar will highlight the versatility of Mobile Pro (Work Orders) and how it seamlessly integrates with ShireSystem CMMS/CAFM system. Demonstrating how to automatically update the maintenance system with vital information and explore the off-line work capabilities so that your business remains compliant and critical operations continue.
Thursday March 26th, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Introduction to Powerproject Vision
This webinar will give an introduction to Powerproject Vision, a new web based portal designed for organisations with multiple dispersed Powerproject users who need a controlled programme management environment to deliver consistency and transparency.
During this webinar we will give a brief overview of the key functionality of Powerproject Vision including:
- Highly configurable centralised file management and storage of Powerproject schedules
- Accessibility via any web-browser and from within the Powerproject software
- Project planning workflow enforcement, controlling project creation, review, approval, baselines and amendments
- Version control and change management
- Storing of approved project templates
- Automated business intelligence data extraction across all files
- Ability to structure according to company organisation, such as regions, business units or divisions